• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Robin Thomas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Jim

Reaction score
Last week I had the opportunity to meet Robin Thomas. I’m sure Robin won’t mind me using his real name since he has a logo of his company under his name in the information block on this forum: Robin is Laminar Flow Systems. A flying buddy of mine came down to visit and we decided to accept an invitation Robin had extended to me to come up and see his operation. I only live 25 minutes away and yet we have never met. To be honest, until Robin showed up on this forum I had never heard of Laminar Flow Systems. I’m familiar with some of the Knot 2U products and have been to LoPresti several times, but I was impressed with what I saw and learned about Robin’s Laminar Flow Systems. Unfortunately, I didn’t learn as much as I would have liked because I got detoured when Robin mentioned the fact that he also makes the Power Flow exhaust systems. I thought to myself, “Holy crap Batman, this man makes Power Flow!” This is an exhaust system that I have been recommending to friends for several years and didn’t know that it was made right up the street from me. Robin took us on a tour to see how they are made and now I am even more impressed after seeing the quality of the work and material that goes into one of their exhaust systems. I spent so much time learning about the exhaust system I ran out of time and am planning on going back to learn more about his Laminar Flow Systems.

If I owned a low horsepower PA-28, I would want both the Laminar Flow Systems and Power Flow exhaust systems on it. With the exception of useful load, I feel you would get near 180 HP performance on with same fuel burn as the stock airplane. If anyone owns one of Robin’s products and feels I’m making an overstatement, please feel free to correct me as I don’t want to mislead anyone.

If you are ever in the Daytona Beach area, call Robin and drop in and see him. You will meet a very interesting and knowledgeable person, as well as true gentleman.

OJ

Latest posts

Back