• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Rigging questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiley_tom

Reaction score
After many years of a heavy right wing and being assured at annual time that the rigging was right, I decided to check it myself. I fabricated the aluminum channel for the aileron and flap rigging tool and sure enough, right flap and ailerons were between +1 and +2 and left was almost +1.

I also fabricated the aluminum aileron bellcrank rigging tool, but after reading the Cherokee Service Manual procedure, Cherokee Hints and Tips, I still have no idea how to use it. I don't see how changing the rod end that connects to the aileron will effect the centering of the controls, so is this tool even useful?

Is it worth the trouble of loosening the cables, installing it and then having to re-adjust the cables again?

Latest posts

Back