• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Replacing Hartzel 2 blade with a 3 blade Scimtar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurfr

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering replacing my Dakota's 2 blade prop with Hartzel's 3 Blade Scimtar. My 2 bladed has 1000 hrs since it's last overhaul 13 years ago and it's been spilling grease on one blade so rather than OH I'm leaning w/ paying more and going with a 3 blade.

Would love to hear from those of you who have swapped out your 2 blade prop for a 3 blade in terms of how happy (or not) you are with the change.

Hartzell will give me some credit for my current prop but I'm now wondering how easy/hard it may be to sell a prop/hub on my own so would love to hear from anyone who's done that. Given the prop has 1000 SPOH and 13 years (when TBO is 5) I'm not sure many buyers would be willing to take a chance so wondering if my only option is turning it to Hartzell for $1K?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back