• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Relocation of Tach and Fuel Flow Indicators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FactoryRaceCar

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting
Reaction score
A friend is getting some avionics work done and asked me if it's possible to relocate the factory Tach and Fuel flow indicators to the CDI indicators legally? Any complications with the relocation such as mechanical lines behind the instruments? Is this considered as major alteration? He is getting two different answers from Avionics shop and his IA.

I didn't know what to tell him so I am asking you guys :)

Here is a picture that I quickly did with MS Paint that shows the relocations of these instruments.

relocation_zps664a0b2a.jpg

Latest posts

Back