• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Regretfully decided to sell the plane

PaulR

Reaction score
Very nice looking Six and good panel and best wishes selling her quick, and hope you still keep flying.

arkvet

Reaction score
Hate to see you're selling. I've read a lot about your upgrade experience on this forum and am sure it's tough to move one.

I do have a question about the armrest between the pilot/ copilot seat. Is that factory or custom done? I've got club seating in my Saratoga and was looking at fabricating an armrest / storage compartment. The "refreshment center" was missing when I bought the plane.

Unit74

Reaction score
To bad I'm under contract now. Listed 3 weeks ago I'd be sending you a check. Probably one of the nicest examples I've seen in a while.

I'd venture to guess they buyer is basically getting a free airplane with the avionics and other upgrades. $20k in aspens, $13k in GPS, $15k in AP, maybe another $15k in general upgrades.

At 109k, a full price offer is a steal.

datorres88

Daniel Torres
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. It must have been a hard decision. Several years ago my flying time dropped to under 10 hrs. per year and thought about selling mine. I then reasoned that one day I will have time to fly again and buying back in would be a lot harder and cost more in the long run. I glad I decided to keep it. I'm now back to flying about 100 hrs. a year with plans to do more in the coming years.

Just something to consider. If you give it a second thought you may decide to sit on it for a while longer.

rrc1962

Reaction score
Thanks guys. With all the upgrades someone will just about get a free plane. Hate to sell it, but we're not using it. We'll probably back to experimental or maybe a two seat tail dragger. Not going to give on the price a whole lot, and the market isn't all that strong, so I may end up keeping a while longer.

Wife says if we just go fly after work for an hour or so, I won't want to sell it. We only fly when we need to go somewhere. We hardly ever just go fly for fun. Been thinking about getting helicopter for just that reason. It would eliminate the 45 minutes or so driving to the airport, taxiing out, etc. A lot easier to just for for a lunch time flight.

The armrest is a custom deal. It's aluminum and weighs about 7lbs. It slides back for entry. My AI says I should get an STC and sell them, but I don't have the time or ambition to deal with the FAA on that.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
That's a very nice looking plane. Nice job on all the updates. If I were looking for a Six I'd jump on it.

N677ap

Reaction score
Definitely a nice looking plane. I'd like to get a Six, but would have to sell my Archer first. Then comes the issue of making up the price difference, which I cannot afford. :sad:

Latest posts