• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Refinishing yokes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another thread about replacement yokes had some words about refinishing, but I didn't want to hijack that thread.

I'm hoping to do a panel-redo job within the next year. The yokes and shafts will be removed as part of it, and the shop I've discussed the job with says they've got someone who can strip and power-coat the yokes for a very reasonable price.

So this is what I've been planning to do. But then vaflier suggested painting with Chassis Saver paint, and I realized there are other options.

If the yokes are coming out and getting bead-blasted clean, what would you suggest for the refinishing process?

Anyone have experience with powder-coated yokes? Any issue with having the power-coating done with the yokes still on the shafts?

I don't want to be a victim of "left horn bare metal syndrome" ever again! :)

Latest posts

Back