• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Really Rough Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivEngPE

Reaction score
This morning I had to cancel a flight from Houston to Dallas due to a rough running engine. I am trying to figure out what is wrong, so I cam to you guys.

The engine fired up easily this morning but was running rough at anything below 1500 RPMs. I looked at my EDM-830 and had no CHT or EGT's bars for Cylinders 1 and 2. Cylinders 3 & 4 looked normal as far as I could tell. If I pulled the throttle back to around 1000 RPMs the engine was loping. When I decided to shut down I pulled the mixture all the way back and nothing.... the engine kept on running until I pulled the throttle all the way back.

I flew from Houston to New Orleans and back for Thanksgiving with absolutly on indications of a problem.

I opened the cowling and everything seems to be in order. Any Ideas???

1973 Cherokee 180
0-360 with about 250 hrs since OH

Latest posts

Back