• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Re-introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. As many of you already know, I've been dealing with serious health issues since last October, including 3 1/2 months in hospital after a cancer diagnosis and a related spinal injury, and I just wanted to give a quick update: I am home, and while I'm still using a wheelchair for my primary mobility, I'm increasingly on my feet using a walker, and just managed to climb my first stairs yesterday, so I'm hoping to at least be able to get myself into @Warrior 151 's PA-28-151 for a promised ride later this spring or summer.

My Piper is still pickled sitting out in the field. I'm getting my last radiation treatments in May, and after that, I'll have a conversation with Transport Canada to see if there's any chance of a class 3 or 4 medical in my future, given my condition and medications (in the U.S. it would be a definite "no" because one of my key meds is on the banned list, but Transport Canada is more flexible and works on a case-by-case basis). If it doesn't seem likely that I'll ever be PIC again, then I'll be selling a PA-28-161 with decent avionics (GTN 650, GTX 345 transponder, and an STEC-20 A/P with GPSS) later this year, but if I can manage even just a class 4 medical and Recreational Pilot Permit, then I'll hang onto the plane.

I haven't been too active here because it reminds me that I can't fly right now, and that makes me a bit sad with the nice spring weather arriving, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy skies!

Latest posts

Back