• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

quick drain adaptor to drain oil

Milton Bullard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a quick drain adapter for my Piper 28R 201. Can anyone help me locate one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pa32guy

Reaction score
Yes sir. Aircraft spruce has one for it. It includes the adapter to drain the oil and a cap to cover when not draining. I think it was about 160. It is specific to the plane so that the gear does not cause it to drain. Many planes have gone down due to incorrect ones.
Hope that helps

Tod

Milton Bullard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tod
I have the quick drain already installed. I need the adaptor to open the quick drain to drain the oil.

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
New one on me. Never seen a quick drain that didn't just work with your hands.

reb

Reaction score
The clearance on the bottom of the engine on an Arrow is so tight that the standard push and turn quick drain won’t fit. They use a drain that only sticks out about an inch. It has external threads for an adapter that screws on and pushes the drain open. The hose attaches to the adapter. I don’t know if Spruce sells just the adapter. I would call.