• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PSEngineering PMA8000BT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone using one of these audio panels.

I recently had mine installed and on my flight home from the avionics shop I had to land just after dark. My home field is uncontrolled so I attempted to turn the runway lights to bright by clicking the PTT 7 times but I count not get the lights to brighten. My old audio panel was a Narco CP-136 and when you pushed the PTT button you could hear a definite click but this new audio panel does not click when you push the PTT button, it just kind of fades in. So the question is how do you control the pilot controlled lighting?

I thought maybe blowing in the mic while pushing the button??? Maybe I am just missing something simple:)

Latest posts

Back