• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Prop always stops at the same place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALPHA320

PA-28 Pilot
Reaction score
Hi,
on one of the ´79/80 two Archer II's I fly I notice that the prop nearly always stops at the same location (exactly from top to bottom) when the engine is switched off. I wonder because this does only occour on the one, but not on the other. The engine is quite ok, as I can say, but today the engine didn't start first, and then at the fourth attempt it started for about 10 seconds and went off again. It was very cold today, but I don't think it had actually much to do with that. I'm now letting the mechanics look over it. I anyway wonder if there could be something wrong with the engine because of the prop. It actually occurs not everytime, but in at least 90% of all cases.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a pic:
[attachment=0:123fmzku]prop.jpg[/attachment:123fmzku]

Attachments

• prop.jpg
    prop.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 774

Latest posts

Back