• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Engine Break-In Flight TIO-540-S1AD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Flew my Turbo Lance for about an hour for the first time since March 1 on the initial engine break-in run. This is a factory rebuilt engine. I ran it pretty hard most of the time, varying the MP, rpm's & fuel flow some to see what the effect would be. I was very happy with all the engine parameters. I did extensive work on the engine baffles & it seems to have payed off well in helping to control the temps. The one discrepancy I have is the mismatch in fuel flow readings between the oem gauge & the JPI monitor. I believe the JPI to be on the money because it has always been nuts on with it's calculations of fuel burn. The oem gauge used to match up well with my previous engine but not now. I'm attaching a couple of pics taken yesterday with the same engine settings. Anyone have some ideas about this? Thanks! David
ho3F%jkVQ%KKgUoBTmWgCA.jpg
lWQfDpNuRRWXj5lejLXOqQ.jpg

Latest posts

Back