• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Primer nozzle connection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiveoboy01

Reaction score
Pulled my cowl yesterday because the mechanic forgot to plug my landing light back in.

Found that the primer line is broken on the #4(I think) cylinder - the front right one. The line basically cracked/broke off right at the fitting. Raw fuel isn't something I want in the engine compartment...:eek:

I removed the nut and it's what I expected, a short piece of the line in there with a brass ferrule.

Is this a standard size ferrule or will I need to source it from somewhere specific if it's an oddball? Doesn't look like anything special but I can't be sure.

There's plenty of length there for the primer line, my intention is to cut the jagged end off and re-assemble everything with a new ferrule.

For reference, the aircraft is an '80 Archer with an O360.

As a side note, I noticed there is a pipe plug in the right rear cylinder in lieu of a primer nozzle. Is this intentional? There's only one primer line running to that side of the engine so I have to think that it is...?

Latest posts

Back