• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pre-Buy recommendations for my first plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike444

Mike444
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here and I've been lingering around forums for weeks. As the title states I'm looking for recommendations along with any tips for hiring an A&P/IA/shop for a pre-buy. This is my first plane purchase so I am open to any tips even if it does't refer to my original question.

Here are some details.

- I'm in S.Florida, plane (Archer)is in Houston (Will find out the airport soon)
- Plane has fresh "annual" done 6/15
- Fresh IFR 5/15
- Owner states all AD's are have been dealt with.
- Little under 500 hrs SMOH done in 2008
- Oil samples are good
- Compressions are all over 70/80
- Prop has 100 hrs TSOH.

My concern like anyone is if some of this has been pencil Whipped. I have read and there is even a thread just below this one saying the Pre-buy missed some things that were obvious. If anyone has any referrals that you know do some good work in that area please let me know. I plan to be there when the Pre-buy is being done.

Also

1. What would I be looking at in terms of cost?

2. How long does this service typically take?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back