• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Power Issues in my Garmin 696

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunderhill

New PA28 Owner
Reaction score
Hi all, another new owner question ... When my 696 is hooked up to power in the plane, it works great. But being a new owner, I wanted to take it home and play with it to learn how to use it. Well, it would not turn on when not in plane. So naturally, it must be the battery. But I took a friends battery from his 696 and it still did not work. My local avionics shop does not do repair on the 696's and Garmin wants $600 to 'exchange' it for a refurbished one.

Anyone have any thoughts about other options or have you had experience with this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back