• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Possible fuel starvation problem upon start up, or something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrow2Pilot

Reaction score
I have a 76 Arrow and for the last month or so when I start the plane (always fores right up) it starts shaking like it's starving for fuel or something like that.
When I increase RPM to maybe 1,400- 1,500 it goes away. Then when I go back to idle (around 1,000) it starts again.
It only does it for about 10-20 seconds.
Then after a few times of a higher RPM I can go back to idle and it's fine.
Sometimes I start my plane 5 times a day with all the flying I'm doing and it's only the first start of the day that it does it.
It almost feels like some water in the fuel or something like that. (it's in a hanger so there's no water)
Other that that, the engine is super strong and I usually get a least a 1,000 fpm climb with 2 people.

I do the correct starting procedure and fro over a year I start the same way, just lately it's been doing this.

Any suggestions or advice ?

Latest posts

Back