• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Autocontrol III issue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerjohnson00

Reaction score
First time posting, but I've been a long time browser here. I am a co-owner in a 1973 Charger 235 and over the past weekend, I made a trip with my family. Used the AP on the way up and ground test was fine. On the return trip, the ground test showed that it would only turn left in both the heading and roll control modes. Nothing to the right in either. Flew home, and checked it again the other day with the same issue. Could hear the "click" when it activated to turn left. Nothing for turning right. Any ideas on what to look for or try before deciding to take it to an avionics shop and spend $$$? I appreciate the input.

Latest posts

Back