• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

piper air conditioning parts for sale

catherine

Reaction score
These are the parts that were removed from my 1973 PA-28-140. The air conditioning had been installed at the factory but some of the parts (like the ring gear) are not very old.

Feel free to make me an offer on some/all.

Best,
Catherine

piper a:c.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg

daviddancer99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the complete setup? If not, what is missing?

How much for all?

catherine

Reaction score
Here is the excerpt from the parts catalog. I have a few other small/minor parts but these should be the main ones.

Individually these parts are (no surprise) extremely expensive. Note that the ring gear is the special one that accepts two belts. I'd be interested in offers for the bundle. If someone wants individual parts, I may consider that but would rather sell as a group.

View attachment piper a:c parts.pdf

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Catherine, remind me...were these working when removed from the aircraft? I know I should know that, but couldn't remember.

catherine

Reaction score
The last time I used it, it worked well. But, by the time I removed it, the coolant was gone and so there was clearly a leak somewhere.

bovine

1974 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the total weight change by removing all of that?

catherine

Reaction score
I’m not sure. All that is pretty heavy but, of course, some of those items were replaced by similar items.

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
You'll also need the panel mounted switches. And all the hoses, and the rear ductwork, and the hard lines that are installed in the lower fuselage longerons.

catherine

Reaction score
Right. I have some of the smaller parts and hoses but probably not all.

I’m thinking this makes more sense for someone who has Piper factory a/c and needs parts.

Best,
Catherine

Last edited:

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
The evaporator, condenser, and compressor need to be oiled and sealed asap. Otherwise they will corrode internally in very short order, rendering them worthless.

Latest posts