• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper 140 super slow any advice would help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacefrogg5

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a first time aircraft owner.

I just bought a 1974 piper cherokee 140/150 4 months ago. It's incredibly slow. I cruise at less than 100 mph ground speed when i'm at 24-25000 RPMs at 4000-6000 MSL. When I go full blast with the throttle I'm go about 105 mph. I mostly fly around Southern California.

my configuration for those flights:

I have wheel pants on all my wheels, standard prop (less than 10 hours SOH, balanced at factory, dynamic on the plane), my passenger and my weight are a combined 340lbs. all compressions are in the 70s, 1220 hours on engine, oil remains at 6 and rarely goes down.

If you're in socal can we meet up and you fly my plane and tell me what you think.

Any suggestions would help and thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back