• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pilot shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG916

Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling that the pilot shortage is manufactured, and it is done for a reason? On the one hand I see aviation not paying new pilots anything, this is why I decided to change career paths back whn I was 18. They keep saying shortage, but I haven't heard of wage increases to make an attempt to reduce that shortage. On the other side I see the FAA looking at approving unmanned aircraft on a larger scale.

Do you think that airlines want there to be a pilot shortage so that they could put pressure on the FAA to allow them to operate unmanned aircraft? I don't see this happening for passenger travel, but what about Cargo and other applications with no passengers onboard?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back