• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pathfinder altitude performance with max 75% power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgiles

Reaction score
I am planning a trip from Burbank CA to Dallas TX. My new engine requires no more than 75% power for the break in period. As a result, I will be attempting to stay below 5000' for most of my route, however, I have terrain issues en-route at 7600'. Since I have never flown this plane, I am not familiar with how much power it will require to climb and maintain 8000'. It could be 85-90* during the morning I clear these areas. I will have 500lbs of passengers and 50 gallons fuel as we approach the higher terrain.

My question is twofold, 1.. do you think 75% of max power will be enough power on this zero time 235 hp engine to clear this terrain.

2. Does anybody know of another route to reduce my clearance issues from Burbank to Dallas? My planned route is currently as follows:

KWHP VNY V186 PDZ PSP TRM BLH T306 TOTEC V94 SSO DMN EWM SFL 52F

I am currently looking at my charts but I believe with todays technology there is probably an easier way to find a low altitude route...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Bobby N38708

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back