• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Partial Panel Failure app?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Doug Ryan, Fake Pilot
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried this app for an android or iphone. People have died from vacuum pump failure in ifr, or from spatial disorientation. My question has nothing to do with pouring tea into a cup flawlessly while performing 360's.

It's about substituting a failed instrument panel, with a free app. Can it be done?

At this point I'm wracking my head on what would work and what wouldn't when the vacuum pump fails. This question has been driving me nuts for the last year. I'm about ready to pay my son's instructor an extra 50 bucks just to test the app, either that or I'm going to pay 79 bucks for my own discovery flight just to figure this out for myself.

Anyways, I know there is no way to eliminate spatial disorientation episodes in GA aircraft, I just want my kids to get to learn to get ahead of this. If this would even work!

The app I'm asking about is here... https://play.google.com/store/apps/...p.marine.cockpitaid&hl=en&showAllReviews=true

I'm just looking for some common sense on recovering from a really bad unintentional ifr situation or instrument failure with a bit of help should the need ever arise.

Seriously... If you've got partial panel op's... and you're in the soup, would some sort of app that could keep you wings level, and with an altitude readout.. would that help you? Nobody likes to talk about this but it happens.

Thanks folks!

Latest posts

Back