• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Part issue, opinions desired (electric boost pump PA32)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIIHP

Reaction score
I have an issue finding any 24v electric boost pump for a non-turbo Saratoga. The 12v pump is not available new, but is available from many sources overhauled with core exchange charge. They didn't make very many non-turbo 24v Saratogas, less than a few hundred, and the pump for the turbo pushes a lot more fuel pressure. I personally on the east coast don't need the turbo, and the useful load, plus the 24v system and late model changes fits me well. Finding parts is a challenge on any airplane that is not in active production, I get that.

My mechanic has given 3 options to replace the aging pump that works, but not to full pressure and is 21 years old.

1- Install a 24-12v converter and install the widely available 12v pump (exact same size and flow rates as the one on my 24v volt aircraft). Would require field approval I am guessing.
2- Wait until, or if, someone sends in a core for the 24v non turbo version and then swap mine, per companies I called, they said it could be a long wait.
3- Pull my pump to send for overhaul and have the A/C down pending it's return, everywhere I call has a long lead time, parts issue in the rebuild process. They said might be 2-3 months at least.

Last option is do nothing, until pump gives up the ghost. Any thoughts? I know so very experienced folks here and many with more mechanical skills than I have. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back