• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

pa34-200 stabilator wobble....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
So I was recently in a Seneca 1 for a cross country flight as well as a checkout on this model aircraft. During the flight I turned my head and looked at the stabilator only to discover that it was wobbling, sort of like a buffet, it was not rotating around its axis rather moving up and down vertically a small amount however was clearly visible.

I can only assume this is not normal, I did not notice anything odd during the walk around, however I have to admit next time I fly in that aircraft I will be looking at that stabilator very carefully.

I asked the question to the check out pilot he said its normal for that aircraft and likely the bushings are worn,

has anyone seen this before? as for feel from the control column it was perfectly stable no vibration or any indication this was going on

Flew my aztec yesterday took a look at my stabilator and its rock solid, no movement in cruise....

that Seneca flies all the time... lots of use and lots of hours
ideas? safe?

Latest posts

Back