• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA32R-301T Oil Level

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdnemsguy

Reaction score
I recently bought the 1980 Saratoga with a rebuild 540, and after the annual and before I flew it away, the dipstick read 6 qts. It is supposed to be 9-12 max, so I checked in the tech logs and the AME signed off on the oil change that he added 10 Qts. I added one to be safe and flew away. The dipstick reads around the 7.5 Qts now. The oil pressure is good and temp only gets to around 200F. Everything appears normal except for the level on the dipstick. I have checked the PN of the dipstick and the riser tube and they are both correct to the engine. Has anyone else had experience with the misread dipstick? My plan is to mark it next oil change after ensuring the oil level is proper and filter/cooler full and I will do this for piece of mind only. Your thoughts please.

Latest posts

Back