• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA23 Apache under the knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heygeronimo

Reaction score
Apache has been down for some much needed maintenance and upgrades. Right now We are having two garmin radios put in and a GTX 327 XPDR. I also had Aztec ram horn yokes put in which looks awesome. My IA and I had to replace one cylinder on the right engine due to exhaust port crack/corrosion. I had to replace an exhaust stack on the right engine as well. We pretty much have it all together and should be doing our ground checks next week!

I still have the elevator off to repair a crack in the elevator butt spar which there is an AD on. I am bringing that to a repair facility this week sometime.

Looks like I will be flying her next month. Cant wait. Its been a long 6 months getting the plane sorted and honestly she still needs struts rebuilt and the gasket on the right main tank replaced, but at least I will have the majority of this stuff knocked out.

It amazes me how much little stuff some owners let go. When I got the plane the left generator did not even work and all hydraulic landing gear hoses were probably 25 years old.

Latest posts

Back