• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

overhaul o-360 a4m HYPERBOLIC LIFERS VS STD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertthoyer

CAPT BOB, RET DELTA/NAVY CFII MULTI AND SINGLE
Reaction score
any recommendations i am considering using JB AIRCRAFTENGINES OUT OF SEBRING FL, HOWEVER MY CONCERN IS THEY RECOMMEND AND USE HYPERBOLIC LIFTERS VS THE STRAIGHT WHICH HAVE WORK FOR YEARS, LYCOMING USED THESE FOR A YEAR OR SO ON THE A4M BUT SWITCH BACK WHEN OIL PRESSURE REDUCTION WAS BEING BROUGHT UP. AFTER CHECKING SERVICE BULLETINS CAN T FIND ANY ADVANTAGE TO THEIR USE BUT I CAN CAN FIND DISADVANTAGE AS IT BYPASS MORE OIL AND ALLOWED MORE MOVEMENT IN THE STEM WHICH COULD CAUSE PREMATURE SPADING ON THE LIFTERS. mY BUDGET IS UNDER 19K AND THIS INCLUDES NEW LYC CYLINDERS. THEY ALSO RECOMMEND MILLENIUM CYLINDERS. THE PRICE IS THE SAME. MY CURRENT ENG IS RUNNING STRONG AT TT 4350 AND TSMOH 2550. 10HRS TO A QT NO LEAKS AND GOOD COMPRESSION. BUT MY LATES OIL ANALYSIS SHOWS INCREASE IN IRON USE, WHICH COULD BE CONSTRIBUTED TO FLYING ONLY 33 HRS IN 7 MOS. BUT I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TEXAS VERY DRY CLIMATE, USE CAM GUARD. XC 20W50.
APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS. BOB HOYER

Latest posts

Back