• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Options for electric trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to remove my CIII in order to upgrade the AP to a modern digital unit. Unfortunately, I have the "newer" CIII with the 1C709 combined pitch/trim amplifier which senses the pitch servo motor current in order to drive the trim servo. Looking through the schematic, it is very clear that this trim system is heavily integrated with the CIII and is not easily separable.
After removing the CIII, I'd like to retain manual electric pitch trim. Does anyone know if there is a standalone after-market electric trim for PA-28s or whether or not a PET-1 can be retrofitted into an Arrow? Would it be possible to wire the trim servo directly to the yoke switches bypassing the trim amp? I know there are manual electric trim versions of the Century system which do exactly that, but I think I would need another STC for that?

I know some of the new AP models from S-tec support E-trim but once again, the trim is part of the AP package, and those APs are $$,$$$ stupid expensive.

Latest posts

Back