• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Opinion Cherokee Six

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a Cherokee Six I may be interested in has come on the market. He is asking 79K for it. I know for what it is I am not willing to pay anywhere near that much for it. It is a 1966 Cherokee 6/260. It is 5900 TTAF and 200 STOH. I am still waiting on the SMOH numbers from the owner. It has a GNS 530 non-waas receiver and an old King 170b for a secondary. It has a GMA 340 com panel and a garmin gtx 330 transponder. And I believe a piper roll control autopilot that may be inop. Interior is a solid 6 or so and the paint is a 3. It is half gone off of both wings and has peeling paint in several other areas. The wing tip tanks are in primer. The last time I saw the plane it was dripping fuel from the left tank. May have been the vent from an overfill but not sure. I know the airplane has had all of the fuel lines replaced last year. It has sat a lot and has not flown but 20 hours or so in the last year. What would you guys think this plane would be worth realistically. I ran VREF at 1000 SMOH for a starting point and it put it at about 60k. But this doesn’t account for repairs needed to get it fully airworthy and reliable again. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back