• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Oil breather drip after shutdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
Why does a bit of oil drip out the breather tube in the minutes after shutdown and how much is normal? On my Dakota it ends up on the right side of my nose wheel pant and is maybe 1/4 teaspoon or less. Just a few streaks down the side of the pant.

Temperature doesn’t seem to matter but it does seem to happen sooner after shutdown than before the last annual. Before, it probably took 15 minutes or so before dripping but now it is within a few minutes of shutdown.

At annual, they did replace my oil cooler and gascolator which I think also slightly affected where the breather tube comes out since it used to mess up the left side of the nose wheel pant and now is an inch or so to the right so it slides from near the center of the pant then off the right side.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back