• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

OBS needle not moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the day has come where I'm looking at getting my IFR rating. with this said I first need to fix my OBS.
I have a king KX 155 with glide slope that works and a secondary king kx155 that drives a standard KI 208 OBS. The OBS has needle has not worked since buying the plane. While in the air I have noted that when its programed to a known VOR frequency and you turn the dial it will flip from a to and from reading, but no needle movement. I have a spare KI 208 OBS and swapped them out with no change. Where should I start looking to see if I just have a bad connection. is there a known weak point to this system. I'm trying not to go broke at the avionics shop to get this figured out. Any advice would help!

Latest posts

Back