• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Collins OBS indicator card spins in opposite direction than my King 209

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niteridder64

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had a used Collins obs installed hooked to #1 nav and my existing k 209 is now my #2. I have always known that when tracking to a station and the needle is say to the right spin the knob left to pull the needle back to center, this is how my 209 works. When I spin the knob on the Collins, sorry do not know the model, the card rotates in the opposite direction than my 209, I have to spin the knob toward the needle to bring it back. I have confirmed both obs's where showing a to flag. Is this some proprietary method Collins uses or is there a way to flip some gear to change it? It is not a pin programming issue, the cards spin in opposite directions for the same knob rotation. Tracking inbound both gauges work the same, fly to the needle to bring it back. I am stumped here, any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back