• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

"Not a Beechcraft product"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my in laws had a bit of a family emergency. Nephew's wife calls to say that her grandmother died, and the grandfather who can't take care of himself is alone in KS, I have to go pick him up and bring him to NOLA.

I left out bright and early this morning from Dallas before the mx shop was open at my home base, so I couldn't get O2 before leaving. Not a problem, Signature says they have O2 on their ForeFlight ad, I'll top up in Wichita.

I get to Wichita to pick the grandfather up and explain to the girl at the counter at Signature that I need fuel topped and have an elderly passenger who requires O2, so I need my bottle topped up.

She calls the mx shop next door and they say they will not fill my airplane's bottle because it's "not a Beechcraft product."

In fairness to the girl at the desk, she was calling around every number she knew to try and find me an O2 refill, so this is not Signature's fault. She did not find any takers before we left, the elderly passenger had to bring his own.

So far everyone aviation related that I know in 5 states is joking about this and I haven't even gotten to complaining to FSDOs yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back