• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Experiences and opinions on the "Next" after a P32R...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIIHP

Reaction score
Pondering.... 🤔 Interested in opinions, especially if experience with either aircraft or even better if have owned both. If you went for a 'next' from a Saratoga HP, where would you go? Top on my list are Seneca V, or Malibu/Mirage? I have a lot of twin time, some in PA34, and some in both piston and turbine PA46. I'd put recurrent training top priority either way. I'd love to say I have a mission for the Meridian or a jetprop PA46, but I do not. Usually carry 3 people around most of the time, 400-700 mile trips, ifr/night frequently.

Redundancy sounds nice and later model PA34 brings redundancy with intercooler etc stock, and occasional trips in light ice which ground me in the PA32. Not in love with the PA34 engines, but the airframe is obviously well loved and . PA46 fast and sleek, pressurization is a jewel I've experienced before, but I think my chances of engine out forced landing go up from the PA32 in the PA46...same engine whipped like a dog. The Conti in the PA46 did ok after some bugs, but early Malibu have even more tender wings and systems on earlier models, so I'm unlikely to go that route. Aztec is also amazing, and probably my favorite Piper twin, but aging and parts...I'd rather pay up front more for newer than a constant renovation, and people with great Aztecs hold them. Baron= small. Not a great perfect solution, all tradeoffs. I get that. Fun to think about.

Latest posts

Back