• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Nose wheel clunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GT74

Reaction score
Operating my Cherokee 180 off a grass runway I noticed some nose gear sounds. I would describe the sounds as a clunk while going over rough ground. The strut is up 4 inches or so and isn’t bottoming out. I replaced the nose gear torque link bushings recently because there was a little play in it. I don’t have any shimmy problems either. While on the ground I keep the yolk full aft to keep weight off the nose. Just curious if anyone else hears any clunkiness while operation off grass fields? It’s not noticeable on hard surface runways.

Latest posts

Back