• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Comanche landing lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gander99

Reaction score
I have a new to me 1960
Piper Comanche 250. I flew it at night a couple weeks ago and noticed that while the wing landing lights are nice and bright they don’t seem to point in a useful direction.

On landing I never saw the runway especially with the contrast from the runway lights. Then later I landed at another airport same issue and I could not find the taxi centerline. I just kept it between the blue lights.

With tip tanks, it isn’t a 5 minute job to get to the landing lights (entire tip tank has to come off). So I was wondering if the lights are adjustable? Are there any stcs for a nose wheel taxi light? I think there was some for the twin in the past but I couldn’t find one for mine.

Thanks. Greg

Latest posts

Back