• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Night time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, a short mission, just to churn up the sky a bit. CYFD-CYXU-CYSN-CYFD, got an ILS approach into CYXU through an overcast, although the ceiling was MVFR only. Rest was VFR-ish.

In any case, on the last leg got some pretty night flying, this was overflying Hamilton (CYHM), about to be cleared on the approach, home.

4-20141226_174043.jpg

I invested some extra time and effort on the details of the night panel lighting, during the big panel overhaul, and I'm really pleased how that turned out ...

2-20141226_173825.jpg

1-20141226_173756.jpg

And a little closer look at my new pride & joy, the IFD540.

3-20141226_173849.jpg

* Orest

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back