• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to forum and thinking about a toga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thackl

Reaction score
Like many before me, I'm training and plan to buy my own rig and move to IFR training shortly after my checkride. I'm training in a warrior2 and like it's characteristics. A few friends have sr22's and had me convinced to go this route after VF training, but my CFI has literally flown everything and really likes most of the pipers for newer pilots. We also don't have a CSIP anywhere nearby my little west texas ctiy. My current CFI has a lot of time in saratogas and has even taken the wife and I up in one nearly identical to what I would like. We were both impressed. The cirrus is great too and wife's always like the parachute. The toga was much nicer and smoother though. And she was stretched out in back like royalty lol.

The 'mission' is not well defined. We have 4 kids and a full time nanny, but one kid is in college, another will be in 1 year and the other two are very little still. I would think most flights will be 2-5 with an occasional 6. I would like a newer saratoga2 TC, but the useful load is abismil. To take the entire family and 75# of stuff, I would be having less than half full tanks. Do many of you really fly 6 people or is this basically a 3-4 person plane with lots of space?

Latest posts

Back