• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Tie-Down Anchors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
At OSH this year I felt my tie down system was substandard. The day was nice so I didn't worry about it to much. I had more or less 3 tent stakes. I researched a few of the offerings & decided to make my own. These started as 2" aluminum 'angle-iron, 1/4" thick. I went with 12" long each, 3 of them. I used 1/4" 'U' bolts & 12" large galvanized spikes. I got them from a vender on ebay out of Green Bay. He also sold them already at 12", so no cutting required. The spikes & bolts came from Home Depot. I have 4 holes on the opposing side & 2 for 'severe duty' on the tie side. I tested them in the yard & they hold VERY well. They also double as wheel chocks. Total cost is $30-$35 or so. Just FYI for you DIY'ers.

tie downs 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back