• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Panel lesson's learned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65Y

Reaction score
I'm getting somewhat close to doing a new panel and radio stack and since there are those that like to spend other people's money ;) I thought I'd see what kind of input people might offer. For those who have done a new radio stack and/or panel are there things you wish you would have done differently?

I will need to do this in a couple different steps, but the first will be a new center stack comprising of, at least for now:

Audio Panel - GMA 35c
Nav1 - GTN 750
Nav2 - GNC 255
Transponder - GTX 345
HSI - G5 HSI

Some of my questions would be: Is it worth spending the extra $$ for a GTN 650 for the #2 Nav? I was somewhat thinking about an Approach Fast Stack, anyone that has done it have any input? Am I missing anything that would be more cost effective to put in 'while they're in there'?

Also somewhat considering doing new primary engine gauges, but still need to research the options. Been too busy to spend much time with that.

This first step will be primarily to upgrade for ADS-B compliance and an approach certified GPS. Once I get that done and we see what happens with the new autopilots I'll add one. We'll also see what other PFD's are certified at that time as I was able to tag along on a G-5000 aircraft and was quite impressed with that.

Most of my flying is cross countries and ultimately a trip to Alaska in July 2019 is in the works.

Latest posts

Back