• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Muffler / Exhaust system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
I'm replacing my Arrow's muffler/exhaust system as part of this year's annual. I received the new components and started assembling them over the weekend. One bit is puzzling me, the clamps on the left side of the muffler where the #2 and #4 cylinder exhaust pipes slip joint into the muffler. These clamps have a pin in them to lock the slotted end/slip joint of the muffler pipe to the exhaust elbow and use a bolt / nut / cotter pin to lock the clamp into place. These clamps must be match-drilled to the pipe/joint, but I can't find any information in the maintenance manual/parts catalog describing the clocking of the lock pin placement. I'm assuming I need to drill between the slots and into the pipe, but the exact position isn't clear.

Anyone tackled this and solved this problem? Have any photos of their installation?

Thanks in advance
sk

Latest posts

Back