• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Member with a suggestion:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve6443

Reaction score
Hi fellow Pilots,

have been reading a few bits and pieces here online, am a member of a flying club in Europe so mainly read the european GA forums.

The club currently has two C172s and one Archer 3 - which is my preferred machine - a colleague described the Cessna thus:

Cessna designed the 172 and a beautiful plane it was. However they had forgotten about the pilot, they had nowhere for him to sit, so they managed to dig out a couple of camping stools and threw them in. Then they realised the plane would need instruments so they nailed a plank of wood to the dashboard, to allow instruments to be installed... Ok, so maybe it's not that bad but you get the Jist.

At the moment we are in the process of buying a second Archer 3 from the East of the US and will (eventually) be exporting it back to Europe - yes, my head does hurt from all the paper work, all the tasks I have to do, I just wish there was a section here called "who offers what" so if you want (e.g.) a pre buy inspection, an export C of A, customs clearance, a quote for ferry flights then you would look in this section to see names of companies you have used or would recommend using.

I say this because I must have spent days trawling the web looking for people to do such tasks, sent them emails asking for quotes - but do they respond? Nope....

Ok rant over, but seriously, anybody think such a section might be beneficial??? Or would that be considered as potential sponsoring and give issues??? In the meantime, I need to go dig out companies to ask for some quotes.... *sigh*

Latest posts

Back