• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New avionics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy. The fine folks at Saint Aviation installed an IFD440 and a TruTrak Vizion into my Cherokee. Feels really good to get some tech into this old bird for a change and I'll admit, I am proud of myself for being able to make it happen. This wasn't cheap. It took some planning and some financial pacing to get the final duck into line to get this done.

This airplane has come such a long way since I bought it. 2.5 years into ownership now, this is my first actual upgrade, besides the mandatory ADS-B. Everything else I've done has been returning this ship to the condition it should have been in from the start - restoration if you will.

So much to learn! I am using the Ipad simulator app and reading the manual cover to cover. It'll take some time to learn it all, of course. My instrument ticket is a bit stale too, so this is the gateway for me to get back into IFR and eventually real IMC flying again after about 10 years out of it.

Baby steps. But, I'm grinning ear to ear right now. It's truly a sight to behold to sit back and watch this thing fly itself and track courses with GPSS.

In time, couple years perhaps, I'm going to lose the vacuum system and put in something more modern there - perhaps an ASPEN or a Dynon HDX. Not sure yet. One step at a time. For now, some really cool new toys to enjoy!

27AD09E7-1775-49F6-A3C1-B28E94A2FB82.jpeg

64A96787-9A09-4A8D-8340-2CA668B7134E.jpeg
D093B84D-CAB0-4D83-BEB3-24AE24B615EC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back