• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Narco Com 10A Question - MX11?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ready1998

Reaction score
Hi All,

My '72 Arrow's panel looks like the following

9950010536_ef1b7078f4.jpg

As you can see I have a TKM MX11 in Com 1. But the Com 10A in Comm 2 has been dead since I bought it.

I'm having an audio panel/intercom installed in a few weeks and am hoping to populate Com 2 with something that works. And I'm hoping to use another MX11 for it. I'm looking at a MX11R

According to TKM's marketing:
"The MX 11R Comm is designed as a slide in replacement for the Narco Com 11, Com 11B, Com 111, Com 111B, and Com 120.

The unit will replace the Com 10 and Com 110 when the Nav 10 and Nav 110 are not used in the system. The MX 11R is the same unit as the earlier MX 11 except it does not come with the tray. You must order the tray separately per the FAA.​

You'll see the Nav 10 sitting in Nav 2 - and it's not used today. Also note that the marketing talks about the Com 10, but doesn't mention the 10A. So my question is, does anyone know if the MX11 can be used here as a drop in? TKM hasn't been able to really help me with my question as the person I connect with on their (Facebook?) page keeps pointing me to the paragraph above.

Would such an install require any re-wiring? Or will the MX11 simply slide in (plug and play)?

The MX11 I have now has been working great and I'm not in the market for anything too high end (plane is VFR only for now) - so another MX11 would be a home run for me.

Thanks!
Bill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back