• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My loss, your gain...need plugs?

ERE99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a set of Tempest spark plugs from Aircraft Spruce, but due to a miss-communication between my A/P and I, they are the wrong ones...unfortunately, I checked the gap on every one of them before I went to the field to put them in. Now I can`t return them since the tubes have been opened.

Anyway, I have (8) Tempest URHM40E spark plugs to sell. All are brand new, never fired, but 2 were installed before I realized they were 3/4" thread and not 5/8".

They cost me $209 to my door

I`ll ship them to your door for $125. I prefer USPS money order, but will take paypal with a $5 add ($130 shipped)

[email protected] is the best way to contact me.

PaulR

Reaction score
Last week I ordered a set of Tempest spark plugs from Aircraft Spruce, but due to a miss-communication between my A/P and I, they are the wrong ones...unfortunately, I checked the gap on every one of them before I went to the field to put them in. Now I can`t return them since the tubes have been opened.

Anyway, I have (8) Tempest URHM40E spark plugs to sell. All are brand new, never fired, but 2 were installed before I realized they were 3/4" thread and not 5/8".

They cost me $209 to my door

I`ll ship them to your door for $125. I prefer USPS money order, but will take paypal with a $5 add ($130 shipped)

[email protected] is the best way to contact me.
How could you install them as you said they were 3/4" thread and not 5/8" that you needed for your plane???

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
How could you install them as you said they were 3/4" thread and not 5/8" that you needed for your plane???
They would install in the cylinder, but magneto harness connectors commonly come in two sizes.

ready1998

Reaction score
Aircraft Spruce has been very accommodating with returns in the past for me - even for opened items. Have you tried calling them and asking if they'd take the return?

sourdough44

Reaction score
If you have to sell them, no returns, you could try eBay if you have an account. They should sell pretty well over there.

Latest posts