• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My experience with a Buyers Consultant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyPilotPro

Reaction score
I just wanted to drop a note on my experience with a Buyer’s Consultant from my recent purchase of a 1972 Arrow II. I feel that I was very capable of doing the transaction myself, but since this was my first aircraft purchase I was also very aware that “I didn’t know what I didn’t know” so I went with Keith Henson from Virtual Airplane Broker www.virtualairplanebroker.com

Like I said, I feel I was very capable of the actual negotiation piece of the transaction but my knowledge of aircraft in general and the avionics in them is just getting started. I met Keith while calling about an aircraft he had for sale and he was very forthright about the pros and cons of the airplane he was selling. In the end, his plane was not right for me but in the process of talking to him on a couple of phone calls he educated me on what to look for in the type of plane I was looking for more than I could have on my own. Remember, “I don’t know what I don’t know”.

Not once during those phone calls did Keith push me to hire him as a Buyers Consultant. In fact, he only mentioned his service in the first couple minutes of the initial call to him…kind of like an introduction to who he was and his company. After the 3rd or 4th phone call with me asking questions and getting his advice, I realized the money I would spend with Keith would come back to me quickly. Keep in mind, I had make a few calls to him before I retained his services and he didn’t give me any grief…he simply answered my questions. I felt VERY confident Keith would guide me through this process in a manner that would protect me from making a costly mistake, so I retained his services.

Keith’s approach is not to take over the transaction, rather he consulted me in every facet I requested and many I didn’t. In the end, Keith taught me how to overcome the “I don’t know what I don’t know” hurdles I came across. I truly appreciated the professional way he conducted himself to not only me, but to the previous owner. Keith is a true professional!

Keith was available to me at any time I needed him. I can’t remember a single call I made where he didn’t pick up! His contacts in the industry saved me $1,000’s of dollars when it came time to not only make decisions on inspections but also he was all over it when it came time to decide how to get my airplane from Seattle to Philadelphia. Keith was very engaged from the moment I hired him all the way through to my airplane being delivered.

While I can’t put an exact dollar amount on the money he saved me, I am confident I saved somewhere around 3 times the fee I paid him just due to his involvement, expertise, and industry contacts. Money aside, the anxiety, grief, and doubt he prevented is hard to put a price on for a first-time buyer.

If you have any inclination of hiring a Buyers Consultant, I would not hesitate a moment to recommend Keith Henson!

Best,

mkb

Latest posts

Back