• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Moving to South Carolina

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByPiper Forum1498691833.919824.jpg

We are moving from Michigan to South Carolina in about one month. We only had about a 2 month notice of the move. I was really worried about finding hangar space on such short notice. Columbia Metropolitan Airport (KCAE) is about 11 miles from our new home which is in the final stages of construction so I called Eagle Aviation at (KCAE). We had landed there numerous times over the years on vacation and found the FBO staff to be very helpful and friendly. This was about a month ago that I called them before we had even located our home. The FBO manager said they just so happened to had a newer t-hanger open up and I could have it if I wanted to stop in on our trip which we were making the next week to look for a home. So we actually found a home for the plane before we found a home for ourselves. Not sure what that says but now when we fly down to check on the home construction, there is already a home for the plane. It is going to be great to have multiple approaches to our home field as our current home field in MI has no IFR approaches at all. Plus the hanger is slightly less per month. Thanks Eagle Aviation.

Latest posts

Back