• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

More New Plane Owner Questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurfr

Reaction score
Loving our new to us Dakota and learning and flying tons but I keep finding things or thinking of new questions to ask so appreciate the help! Here's my latest...

1. What are your typical EGTs, CHTs, and Fuel Flow (GPH) or Fuel Pressure during takeoff @ VY (85 knots for Dakota) in say a 75F day w/ full throttle & RPM & mixture full rich? Then what EGT/CHTs do you normally see during say 65% cruise power settings? Trying to figure out if the temps I'm seeing are in line w/ other Dakota owners.

2. The main wheel strut seem to get stuck and they pop up if I push up on the wings (under spar) w/ my back. Would servicing the struts take care of this or is this a Piper issue?

3. I've noticed a very small trace of what I assume is oil behind the prop that seems to be forced out from the hub during flights. It's a very small trace so not dripping or anything like that but I can see that some oil is seeping out a bit. Is this cause for concern and an indication to get the prop/hub inspected ASAP?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back