• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Master Cylinder Rebuilds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbrooks231

Reaction score
Still having issues with my toe brakes. Good pedal on right - nothing on left. Did the clear hose from the caliper to the reservoir with little improvement. After sitting overnight, no brakes on the left toe again. Calipers and master cylinders had new "O" rings installed. My left toe brake master cylinder is a Cleveland 10-30. I found a overhaul kit at Aircraft Spruce and the parts call out a "stat-O-seal". Any one know if that is just another term for the dyna-seal? I think the A/P that put the "O" rings in did not replace the "stat-O-seal".

So far, I've found a Cleveland 10-30 on the left toe. A 26044 on the right toe, and a 10-22 on the hand brake. It looks like the left toe and the hand brake both need to be rebuilt so now comes the tough part - getting the parts and finding a A/P to pull them apart for me. I thought about just replacing all the master cylinders until I priced them, wow, that was a shocker!

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back