• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For Sale Lycoming 0-540-A1A5 narrow deck engine with accessories-NOT a prop strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Complete 0-540-A1A5 narrow deck engine for sale with complete accessories (starter, Bendix S6LN-20 series magnetos and harness, carburetor, fuel pump, vacuum pump, etc). Alternator, prop, prop gov, Exhaust, oil cooler, and baffling not included.
Engine being removed from my Comanche tomorrow (8/1/23). Not a prop strike (just flew it to Oshkosh from OKC).
Approximate TT on engine: 4350hrs
Approximate SMOH: 1925hrs
Year of last overhaul: 1977 (see log book photos attached)
Compressions at last annual: 76, 75, 77, 70, 74, 77
I bought a core motor late last year and had it overhauled while I continued to fly this one. I've had and flown this Comanche over 100hrs since I purchased it in November 2021. Filter cut and screen checked at each 25hr oil change. Engine has not shown any signs of making metal and starts on 3rd blade without fail.
Sold as is. Can pallet engine and buyer pays shipping or local pickup in OKC.
Full and complete logs since 1959 scanned and available.
Asking $21,000.00
Reasonable offers entertained

Attachments

• IMG_1624-1.jpg
    IMG_1624-1.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1627-1.jpeg
    IMG_1627-1.jpeg
    841.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1628-1.jpeg
    IMG_1628-1.jpeg
    946.5 KB · Views: 0